Back to your local site:
 


Related links

SunHerald.com: South Mississippi's Home Page


Reach Loved Ones at our message boards



Expanded hurricane coverage at sunherald.com



Eyes on Katrina XML feed

Mississippi Emergency Management Agency: Includes links to evacuation information, hotel rooms available, camper/RV spaces available.

Shelters open upstate




Eyes on Katrina





A South Mississippi hurricane journal


Thursday, September 01, 2005

A perfect e-mail 

Rebecca Crandall e-mails: I’m not sure how much this helps, but I thought I’d share how my relatives faired so that others worrying about nearby places might be able to have a feel for a couple of places. My brother live just south of East Pass Road in Gulfport, MS. He and his house are “okay.” My aunt and uncle just a block or two off of N. Beach Blvd in Bay Saint Louis, MS. They weathered the hurricane in Picayune (some trees down and other wind damage, but mostly fine) and went back to their property. Their house was completely gone. They are staying with friends in Waveland whose house is unharmed. I’m not sure where the friends lived. (My aunt called my dad while they were getting supplies in Pensacola.) If anybody else has similar anecdotes, please share them. This greatly helps build the knowledge base. Great job Rebecca, I'm just sorry you didn't have better news to share.

Comments:
My father lives just north of Pass road, just east of DeBuys. He has already contacted me letting me know that he is ok, and the house is ok, other than trees down and damage to the carport. He said his neighborhood seems intact for the most part.
 
Good post
 
Post a Comment



YOUR HOSTS


Don Hammack

Don Hammack is a staff writer for the Sun Herald. He can be reached at KatrinaSunHerald@aol.com.

Sara Greer

Sara Greer is a news assistant for the Sun Herald.


 Latest posts

   •  How to: Money to Laurel and Jackson
   •  Keesler AFB
   •  Housing in the Panhandle
   •  Thoughts from Paris
   •  Police officer goes through heck
   •  Menge Ave. info
   •  Greg Roth from the American Chamber of Commerce Ex...
   •  Ocean Springs update
   •  Ocean Springs update coming shortly
   •  Ohr-O'Keefe Museum update


 Archives
   •  August 2005
   •  September 2005


XML-RSS feed










About SunHerald.com | About Knight Ridder | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement

Copyright 2005 Knight Ridder. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Knight Ridder is expressly prohibited.