Back to your local site:
 


Related links

SunHerald.com: South Mississippi's Home Page


Reach Loved Ones at our message boards



Expanded hurricane coverage at sunherald.com



Eyes on Katrina XML feed

Mississippi Emergency Management Agency: Includes links to evacuation information, hotel rooms available, camper/RV spaces available.

Shelters open upstate




Eyes on Katrina





A South Mississippi hurricane journal


Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Pearlington isn't forgotten 

Ben Caruso in Houston, Texas, e-mails: You guys at the Sun Herald are awesome. Amazing tenacity to get the news out. Any ideas on how I can get information on Pearlington? Every area local news station from the Coast to Jackson to national news have bypassed coverage on Pearlington. I know it's not a metropolis, but I've seen quite a few inquiries on other blogs, but no results. Any ideas? MS DOT tells me I can't enter the area for another 1 or 2 weeks. I've even given CNN a story idea for the forgotten little town in Hancock County. Thanks for the kind words. I can assure you we haven't forgotten about Pearlington. We're trying to expand our coverage areas every day, moving out as recovery crews keep expanding their reach by clearing the way. I know it's frustrating for people, but we won't forget about anybody. Please bear with us and we'll do our best.

Comments:
i did not how vauleable a wood pallet i was approaced by a red cross agent i hauled a bout a hundred pallet;s 30 sheet;s plywood on my tractor trailer it was such a joy an a privledge to be a part i worked with a man named toby useing these pallet;s plywood for flooring these people were so great 1111 i pray for you guy;s i would like contact toby my cell 772 418 0956 tappan;s limited inc
 
I didn't know what a joy it was to have a father... oh... wait... that's because my mother had to escape you because you were violent and abusive to me and my mom.

----Justin Lee Tappan----
 
Post a Comment



YOUR HOSTS


Don Hammack

Don Hammack is a staff writer for the Sun Herald. He can be reached at KatrinaSunHerald@aol.com.

Sara Greer

Sara Greer is a news assistant for the Sun Herald.


 Latest posts

   •  Returning to work
   •  Wanting to help
   •  I'm OK Line online
   •  Where to post your search requests
   •  Historic first post back
   •  Here we go
   •  Back online
   •  Communications are down
   •  Fatalities
   •  Working on aerial photos


 Archives
   •  August 2005
   •  September 2005


XML-RSS feed










About SunHerald.com | About Knight Ridder | Terms of Use & Privacy Statement

Copyright 2005 Knight Ridder. All rights reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any
of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Knight Ridder is expressly prohibited.